All courses, studios, equipment and materials are owned, created, operated and/or managed by On The Rise Music Ltd (On The Rise DJ Academy), a company registered England, with its trading address at Unit 24, Stadium Business Centre, North End Road, Wembley, HA9 0AT. This Agreement is between On The Rise Academy and you (“you” or the “Student”). If you are under 18 years old you will need the permission of your parent/guardian to enter into this Agreement and/or register for On The Rise DJ Academy courses.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS
Deposit fees are non-refundable. Full payment, if not paid at the same time as the Deposit Fee, must be received by no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the agreed start date of your course.
All courses must be completed within six (6) month timeframe of invoice date unless otherwise agreed by On The Rise Music Ltd.
Courses times and dates may be subject to change if forces out of our control depict so.
ABSENCE, CANCELLATION & REFUNDS
1 on 1 Students
Lesson cancelled within 7 days of agreed start date are subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
Re-booking is subject to availability.
Second cancellation within 7 days will result in a new booking with additional standard booking fees.
- Absence from a booked or otherwise scheduled session (or number of sessions) will not give rise to any right of re-scheduling or refund. If you are unable to attend a session for any reason, please let us know as far as possible in advance and if practicable we will use reasonable endeavours to provide to you the missed information.
- To cancel a full course, written notice of the cancellation must be received by On The Rise DJ Academy at least 21 days before the originally-notified start date of the relevant course. Such written notice may be sent via email and receipt of email must be confirmed by On The Rise DJ Academy. Cancellation with less than 21 days’ notice will result in course fees remaining payable in the normal manner. If a course is postponed, the original start date will remain valid for all purposes relating to cancellations (i.e. you will not qualify for a refund if you postpone a course and then cancel within 21 days of the re-scheduled date).
- Deposit fees are non-refundable.
- In the event of dropping or leaving a course for any reason, the student will not be entitled to any refund or part refund (and will be liable for any balance of course not yet received).
If any course payment is not received by the due date, On The Rise DJ Academy reserves the right to cancel the relevant course(s) outright or suspend your right to attend until such payment(s) is/are made. Repeated late payments may result in the termination of the applicable course(s).
USE OF EQUIPMENT & PROPERTY
- Each student is responsible for ensuring that no On The Rise DJ Academy equipment or property is damaged, lost or stolen as a direct or indirect result of their own action or failure to act appropriately. Each student is also responsible for the actions and omissions of any guests they invite on to the premises.
- In the event that any On The Rise DJ Academy equipment or property is damaged, lost or stolen as a direct or indirect result of negligent action or failure to act appropriately by any student or guest, the student agrees to pay all reasonable costs in full (including without limitation for replacement or reparation). For the avoidance of doubt, no On The Rise DJ Academy property may be removed from the premises without the express prior consent of On The Rise DJ Academy in each case.
On The Rise DJ Academy reserves the right to suspend or expel any student deemed (by On The Rise DJ Academy in its sole discretion) to be unsuitable and/or unacceptable through the students’ (or, where relevant, the student’s guest’s) conduct or attitude. In such cases, full fees will remain payable (as booked or up to the date of suspension or expulsion, as applicable).
Please inform us of any special physical or medical requirements you may have with as much notice as possible, in order for us to try to meet them as far as practicable.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
On The Rise DJ Academy’s liability to you hereunder shall be limited to the total amount you have actually paid to On The Rise DJ Academy for the applicable course. Except as set out herein, On The Rise DJ Academy shall under no circumstances be liable to you, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for any indirect or consequential loss arising hereunder or in connection with the courses provided by On The Rise DJ Academy. Nothing in this Agreement shall operate to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
On The Rise DJ Academy:
- accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or theft of personal belongings;
- reserves the right to alter advertised instructors at any time;
- reserves the right to cancel courses at any time and/or to transfer bookings to rescheduled dates (though Students unable to attend rescheduled dates may be entitled to some refund or other credit in some cases);
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Force Majeure Event” means any event beyond the reasonable control of On The Rise DJ Academy including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, including governmental visa status, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors. On The Rise DJ Academy shall not be liable hereunder as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations as a result of a Force Majeure Event. If the Force Majeure Event prevents On The Rise DJ Academy from providing any of the Services and/or Goods for more than four (4) weeks, On The Rise DJ Academy shall, without limiting its other rights or remedies, have the right to terminate this Agreement by written notice.
If you should ever have any complaint, please speak to any tutor and we will do our best to resolve the matter.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim, dispute or difference which may arise out of this Agreement.