Serato DJ 1.9.3 Update
Serato DJ 1.9.3 is now available with a number of new features and improvements such as:
- Ableton Link support – link tempo with other DJs and devices over a wireless network.
- The Serato DJ Sampler has been updated from the classic SP-6 with two extra slots, as well as a number of changes to the design for better usability.
- Support for the Roland DJ-808 controller.
- Bundled driver updates, providing El Capitan support for the Rane SL 2, SL 3 and SL 4. More info regarding macOS Sierra support.
- An improved and refreshed look for MIDI mapping.
- Various bug fixes, changes and stability improvements.
Serato DJ now supports Ableton Link in 1.9.3. Ableton Link provides a way of syncing Serato DJ to Ableton Live, syncing multiple Serato DJ setups as well as your Serato DJ setup with supported iOS Apps – all wirelessly.
- Integrated TR-S drum machine offering the iconic 606, 707, 808 and 909 drum sounds in a 16-step sequencer, which can also trigger the newly improved 8-slot Serato DJ Sampler.
- RGB coloured performance pads give performers and DJs control for all the usual Serato DJ features such as Hot Cues, Loop Roll, Slicer, Sampler as well as TR Pad Mode for the drum machine and Pitch Play.
- The unique Roland VT Voice Transformer is something new for Serato DJs, offering a number of powerful effects including pitch shifting and vocal key matching to playing tracks via the Auto Pitch feature.
- Two AIRA link USB ports offering seamless connection with Roland synths and instruments. This offers a huge range of creative possibilities for live performance rigs, remixing and music production.
- Control for all of the professional level Serato DJ features such as Serato Flip, Pitch ‘n Time DJ Key Shifting and Sync, Looping and all library and play controls.
- Serato DJ Enabled – no extra license required. Also includes a license for Pitch ‘n Time DJ.
- Purchase the DVS Expansion Pack and connect turntables or CDJs.
- Includes two extra sample slots, allowing a total of eight samples to be loaded at once.
- Mapped across all supported hardware.
- A redesigned interface with new simple / advanced view modes for ease of use and also flexibility for complex control.
- Simple Sync now supported for the Serato Sampler.
- More improvements listed in the full release notes.
This release also includes a number of important stability improvements for all Serato DJs. Read the full list of bug fixes, changes and additions in the Serato DJ 1.9.3 release notes.