Pioneer DJ have just launched their official festival-ready set-up with arena-grade sound components: CDJ-TOUR1 and DJM-TOUR1
The video shows a phenomenal set up of 4 CDJ-TOUR1 all networked together with a DJM-TOUR1 mixer but it’s the high res touch screens that finish this off nicely.
The CDJ-TOUR1 multiplayer and DJM-TOUR1 mixer take the professional sound quality of the NXS2 set-up and add the components needed to deliver that performance in large festivals and arenas. Both models have an ESS Technology 32-bit D/A converter to eliminate low noise and distortion and give a clear, crisp sound at scale. The DJM-TOUR1 is the first mixer to have a pro audio grade AES/EBU digital output, so you can connect directly to front of house – even over long distances – with no loss of sound quality.
The 13-inch, full-colour touch screens with built-in CPU give you effortless control: you can browse faster, grasp waveforms more easily, and do it all while keeping the crowd in your line of sight. And back-to-back DJing is a breeze, thanks to the DJM-TOUR1’s two independent headphone sections that let you monitor and cue tracks separately.
The TOUR1 set-up is as sturdy as the name suggests, with reinforced sides, lockable NEUTRIK etherCON® LAN ports and gold-plated RCAs – making it a stable set-up you can count on in any large-scale environment..
KEY FEATURES OF THE CDJ-TOUR1
- Advanced sound quality for large-scale venues
- The CDJ-TOUR1 features an ES9018 32-bit D/A converter, made by ESS Technology, to deliver incredibly low noise and distortion even at the super-high volumes needed for large-scale events. It can reproduce 96 kHz/24-bit high resolution sound and send it to the DJM-TOUR1 or DJM-900NXS2 through the SPD I/F digital out. FLAC and ALAC formats are supported and the power supply is separated from the main circuit board to further reduce unwanted noise.
- 13-inch fold-out touch screen for enhanced browsing and control
- Use either the standard built-in 7-inch or the fold-out 13-inch LCD full-colour touch screen. The larger screen shows more information to help you browse and select tracks faster. Plus, with its own built-in CPU, the screen offers the potential for other features in the future. Both screens feature the same information as the CDJ-2000NXS2, including:
- Track Filter mode: use the touch screen to filter tracks by rekordbox information such as BPM, key or My Tags.
- Keyword search: bring up the Qwerty keyboard to search for tracks by name.
- Multicoloured Wave Zoom and Multi-wave view: see detailed waveforms or opt to see waveforms from up to 4 CDJs at the same time.
- Lockable LAN port for secure connection
- The CDJ-TOUR1’s LAN port has a NEUTRIK etherCON® connector featuring a latch lock, so compatible cables will stay in place whatever vibrations and knocks are thrown at them.
- Isolator feet, tilt screen and display shade adjust for any environment
- Adjust the isolator feet to ensure a stable set-up on any surface and tilt the 13-inch screen to suit your preference or the lighting. Attach the display shade to protect from the sun’s glare when you’re playing outside.
- Familiar layout and features inherited from the CDJ-2000NXS2
- The CDJ-TOUR1 has the same layout and performance features as the CDJ-2000NXS2 to help you feel at home. Prepare your tracks in rekordbox as usual, adding Hot Cues, loops, tags, etc. – then load them to the CDJ-TOUR1 and trigger features including Beat Sync, Slip Mode and Hot Cue Auto Load.
- Pro DJ Link enables even more features
- Pro DJ Link lets you share one source across up to 4 players and unlocks a host of information and features such as Beat Sync and Beat Countdown.
KEY FEATURES OF THE DJM-TOUR1
- High quality sound components for a warm sound, in any large-scale environment
- The DJM-TOUR1 is the world’s first DJ mixer to have an AES/EBU digital output, meaning you can connect directly to front of house, even over long distances, with no loss of sound quality.
- It’s also the first DJ mixer to include a high-res word clock input, ensuring a high grade digital audio signal to front of house for precise synchronisation and the best possible sound quality. And the power supply has its own dedicated circuit to further reduce unwanted noise, while power factor correction (PFC) reduces distortion across the frequencies.
- Like the CDJ-TOUR1, the mixer features an ES9018 32-bit D/A converter for low distortion and a dynamic range of up to 129 dB. It also shares high quality sound components with its NXS2 counterpart, including a 96 kHz/24-bit sound card with a direct digital connection via SPD I/F port and USB port, 64-bit floating point mixing processing, enhanced dithering technology and a low-jitter clock – which combine to deliver an accurate, natural sound.
- New fold-out 13-inch touch screen shows information from up to 4 players
- Browse playlists and use the touch screen to select tracks for up to 4 CDJs connected via Pro DJ Link. You can also choose between horizontal or vertical multi-wave view – and the vertical view includes an RMS meter to help you monitor and control the volume for each channel.
- Lockable LAN port for secure connection and 5-port LAN hub
- The DJM-TOUR1’s LAN port has a NEUTRIK etherCON® XLR connector featuring a latch lock to keep compatible cables secure. Plus a 5-port LAN hub means you can connect up to 5 players or laptops to the mixer.
- 2 independent headphone inputs for easy back-to-back cueing
- 2 independent headphone sections mean you and another DJ can cue tracks at the same time without hearing each other’s input. Each headphone input has its own volume control.
- Aux input supports a range of sources
- The Aux input is an XLR/TRS combination port, giving you the flexibility to connect your choice of external devices including drum machines, effectors, synths and samplers.
- Tilting screen and display shade adjust for any environment
- Tilt the 13-inch screen to suit your preference or the lighting. And attach the display shade to protect from the sun’s glare when you’re playing outside.
- Familiar layout and features mirror the DJM-900NXS2
- The DJM-TOUR1 will feel instantly familiar as it shares its layout and robustness with other pro-DJ mixers including the DJM-900NXS2. Like its NXS2 counterpart, it features improved channel fader/EQ curves, high quality Sound Colour FX, quantized Beat FX and an Independent Send/Return.
- Built-in KUVO Gateway lets you broadcast set information to your fans
- The DJM-TOUR1 is our first mixer to have a KUVO Gateway on board so you can easily connect to KUVO: our social platform that lets you broadcast information about what tracks you’re playing, in real time, to fans around the world.