It wasn’t going to be long before Pioneer DJ expanded their range of dedicated controllers for their Rekordbox DJ performance software and the DDJ-RR & DDJ-RB hit the spot just right. Essentially enhanced versions of their DDJ-SR & DDJ-SB range these 2 new controllers come packed with additional features:
PIONEER DDJ-RR – Overview & Additional Features
- Layout looks and feels like a CDJ set-up
- Adding to the controls of the DDJ-RB, the DDJ-RR features the following:
- Large jog wheels with On-Jog Display – responsive feel for scratching, and customisable illuminating on-jog indicators to tell you the status of each deck (e.g. ‘on air’).
- Customisable multicoloured Performance Pads – set colours for your Hot Cues in rekordbox then trigger with high quality rubber pads.
- Dual VU level meter – see the master out and channel levels at all times.
- Needle search pad – jump to any part of a track with one touch.
- Brushed aluminium face plate
- Dedicated controls for rekordbox dj features
- Sequence Load – load a sample sequence onto a deck to scratch it and manipulate the sound as if it were a track.
- Slip Mode – Slip Mode silently continues playback during a loop, reverse or scratch, then brings the music back at the right point afterwards.
- Release FX – Exit complex FX patterns by selecting vinyl brake, echo or back spin and twisting the dial.
- Multiple inputs and outputs for flexible connectivity
- Connect to professional PA system using the balanced XLR outputs, and monitor your mix through the booth output. Use the DDJ-RR as a standalone 2-channel mixer with multiplayers or turntables, thanks to line and phono inputs.
- High quality audio
- The DDJ-RR features the same circuit for master and booth outputs as the pro-standard DDJ-RZ.
- Portable design
- Take the DDJ-RR to your gigs thanks to easy grab handles and a lightweight design.
- Other features
- Choose between USB or AC power
- Two headphone outs – 3.5 mm and 1/4-inch jack headphone outs
- DVS ready – rekordbox dvs Plus Pack required
PIONEER DDJ-RB – Overview & Additional Features
- Controller layout mirrors rekordbox dj for native control
- Mix instinctively with the jog wheels, play/cue buttons, mixer knobs and faders, gain pots, VU meter and dedicated loop buttons built to mirror the rekordbox dj layout.
- PC Master Out – use computer’s speaker for master out and controller for headphones
- For flexibility you can choose to hear your mix through your computer’s internal speaker/connected desktop speaker or play through a wireless speaker, while using your headphones to cue independently of the master out at the same time.
- Performance Pads with Sequence Call for creative freedom
- Create sample sequences then call them up without touching your computer thanks to the new Sequence Call button. Plus trigger Hot Cues, Pad FX, Beat Jump and Slicer with eight Performance Pads.
- Other features
- Built-in sound card – simply connect the DDJ-RB to your computer with a USB cable
- Record to rekordbox dj via the same USB cable
- USB powered – no AC power needed
- High quality mic input – distortion-free even at loud volumes
- Portable – easy grip handles and lightweight design
More info on PioneerDJ.com