Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 Multiplayer
The Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 Multiplayer is packed with new features inherited from the industry standard CDJ-2000NXS2. Upgrades to the hugely popular XDJ-1000 include an improved 7-inch high-resolution touch screen, enhanced track browsing and support for playback of high quality lossless audio formats including FLAC and ALAC.
The XDJ-1000MK2 is the only product in the XDJ line up to feature full size jog wheels and offers the same track browsing filters offered by the 2000NXS2 allowing users to quickly and easily locate tracks by BPM and key, as well as tracks that were previously tagged during playback using the new Matching feature. The touch screen provides a handy QWERTY search option to ease navigation when using larger track databases.
Pioneer have used many of the features developed for their flagship multiplayer when creating the XDJ-1000MK2, including enhanced audio reproduction and a reduction in noise has been achieved by separating the power supply circuit for analogue audio from the digital circuit. Lossless formats are also supported by the MK2 XDJ-1000 – with FLAC and ALAC joining MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF as encoding options.
The MK2 XDJ-1000 also boasts enhanced performance features including MIDI controller interface allowing connection of the DDJ-SP1 to facilitate tactile control of a host of features including hot cues, auto loops and slip mode – thanks to PRO DJ Link up to 4 Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2 can be controlled by a single DDJ-SP1.
In addition to the above features the MK2 XDJ-1000 also offers DJs multi-coloured Wave Display and Wave Zoom, Memory Cues, Beat Jump a Multicoloured USB port, and MIDI/HID Control for use with Rekordbox DJ.
Main Features of the Pioneer XDJ-1000MK2:
- CDJ-style design, the XDJ-1000MK2 delivers a performance experience just like the club-standard CDJ-2000NXS2. Large jog wheels and a 7-inch colour touch screen give you intuitive control over your mix.
- High-quality audio files supported among various formats including the addition of FLAC and ALAC for high-quality sound, as well as MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF files. You can play tracks prepared in rekordbox directly from your USB storage devices, or from your laptop by using rekordbox, or from your smartphone/iPhone or tablet by using rekordbox mobile for Android or iOS.
- High-resolution colour LCD touch screen – find your next track on the XDJ-1000MK2 with ease thanks to the new high-resolution touch screen taken from the CDJ-2000NXS2, which displays large RGB waveforms and includes two new browsing features, Matching and Track Filter as detailed below:
- Matching: Audition tracks in rekordbox before your performance and mark the ones that mix well together. When playing one of those tracks in your set, the XDJ-1000MK2 suggests matched tracks to play next.
- Track Filter: Refine your track search by filtering tracks by rekordbox information such as My Tag, as well as BPM and Key. Touch the screen and you can easily find related tracks to fit into your performance.
- Search: Bring up the Qwerty keyboard on the touch screen to search for tracks quickly by name or keyword.
- Expanded performance features – Unleash your creativity using a number of features inherited from the CDJ-2000NXS2 including:
- Hot Cues: Instantly start playback at a preset point. Up to eight Hot Cues can be set in advance to give you even more choice in the mix.
- Quantize: Cue and loop points on tracks that have been beat-analysed in rekordbox will automatically set in time with the track you’re playing. You can fine-tune the Quantize value even more accurately for total control.
- MIDI controller interface: Connect the DDJ-SP1 controller with a USB cable for tactile control of numerous features of the XDJ-1000MK2, including Hot Cues, auto loops and Slip Mode. One DDJ-SP1 can control up to four XDJ multiplayers using Pro DJ Link.
- Pro DJ Link – lets you play tracks from one USB device across up to four multiplayers and unlocks a host of information and features including:
- Link Export: Connect your laptop using a USB or LAN cable to play tracks directly from your rekordbox library instead of using a USB device.
- Beat Count and Phase Meter: Use rekordbox to mark key points on a track, and Beat Count will count down the beats to them from up to 64 bars away. Phase Meter shows the position of the beat in the bar, so you can compare the phase of each player with the master deck at a glance.
- Beat Sync: Hit the Beat Sync button and you can align the beat positions and BPMs of tracks (that have been beat-analysed in rekordbox) playing on two multiplayers connected by Pro DJ Link.
- rekordbox ready – use Pioneer’s rekordbox software to manage and prepare your tracks on your PC/Mac, tablet, smartphone or iPhone and use the XDJ-1000MK2’s features for creative performances on the fly.
- High-quality audio – the XDJ-1000MK2 inherits high-quality audio design from the CDJ-2000NXS2. As well as analogue output terminals, a digital output sends audio without degradation, and the power supply circuit for analogue audio is completely separate from the digital circuit, reducing unwanted noise.
- Other features include:
- Shortcut button: Instantly switch to Browse mode or bring up My Settings.
- Multicoloured wave display and Wave Zoom: Visually shows entire tracks from rekordbox.
- Memory Cues: Check comments on Memory Cues that you’ve preset in rekordbox.
- My Settings: Prepare your system’s setting preferences in rekordbox and instantly switch to your own settings during DJ changeovers in the booth.
- Beat Jump: Instantly jump backwards or forwards 1, 2 or 4 beats from the current playback position.
- Multicoloured USB port: Colour-code your USB devices in rekordbox, e.g. red for techno or blue for drum & bass, and the light around the USB port will reflect that setting for ease of identification in the booth.
- MIDI/HID control: Use the XDJ-1000MK2 with rekordbox dj.